Cybersecurity and Data Privacy with ZeroBounce Email Validation
The only thing more important to us than email verification is your trust and security. That’s why our proprietary infrastructure offers a complete defense against cybersecurity threats around the globe. Our team works closely with compliance to ensure that your company’s data receives peak protection no matter where you are.
Get 100 free email verifications
Scalable data protection trusted by 250,000+ clients
PROPRIETARY HARDWARE AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- All validation data stored on ZeroBounce-owned and managed hardware
- No shared platforms
- Full control over security and compliance
GLOBAL PRIVACY COMPLIANCE
- SOC 2 Type 2 certified
- ISO- 27001 certified
- PCI-DSS compliant
- SIG and HECVAT risk assessment
- Privacy Shield Framework
- India Digital Personal Data Protection compliant
PLATFORM APPLICATION CYBERSECURITY
- Active app and compliance testing, cloud security, and vulnerability management with Hacker1
- Penetration testing and risk management with CyberSmart Defense
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) through Cloudflare Enterprise
- Unmetered DDoS protection
IDENTITY AND DATA PROTECTION
- Vendor assessment via Whistic
- Okta identity protection
- Two-factor authentication
- Role-based access control
- 24/7 account and IP monitoring
- Password-encrypted downloads
- Automatic file deletion after 30 days
- Commercial liability
- Cyber-multimedia liability
Reliable, effective customer data protection
ZeroBounce’s proprietary systems receive third-party accreditations from national and international institutions.
SOC 2 Type 2 certified
A security framework developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), SOC 2 Type 2 (Systems and Organization Controls) evaluates ZeroBounce in three-month intervals. It deems that our security effectively satisfies requirements for protecting customer data in both cloud storage and data processing.
ZeroBounce delivers a secure platform that meets the 5 Trust Services Criteria:
- Security - ZeroBounce protects your data from unauthorized access.
- Availability - You can depend on our platform to always be available.
- Processing Integrity - You can expect our software to work as expected.
- Confidentiality - No one can access your confidential information.
- Privacy - Your sensitive data is only available on a need-to-know basis (including us!)
Everything from your customer email data to your payment information is secured 24/7/365.
ISO-IEC 27001 certified
ZeroBounce is an email verification and email deliverability service designed to meet global standards.
To ensure that we satisfy the quality and safety standards your brand needs and deserves, we align our systems and procedures with the stringent requirement of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
ISO-IEC 27001 is a standard for evaluating security systems that safeguard customer and partner data for more than 160 countries. ZeroBounce adheres to the following principles:
- Confidentiality - Only authorized persons can access your data.
- Integrity - Only authorized persons can change your data.
- Availability - You can access your data whenever needed.
ISO-IEC 27001 guarantees that ZeroBounce effectively meets all security threats and implements the necessary safeguards to eliminate the risk of threat to your data.
ZeroBounce is PCI-DSS self-certified according to the strict rules and regulations of the Payment Card Industry. We proactively monitor and protect your transactions, credit card data, and financial statements from bad actors.
- Web application firewall (WAF)
- Antivirus software applications
- Ongoing threat assessment and penetration testing
- Payment data restricted to a need-to-know basis
Global data privacy compliance
No matter where in the world your business operates or where your sales occur, ZeroBounce takes proactive steps to ensure that your customer data is protected in line with national and international privacy requirements.
ZeroBounce is certified and fully compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, or HIPAA.
HIPAA is a national standard designed to protect the privacy of a person’s health and medical history, along with any relevant data or documents. Our HIPAA compliance illustrates the quality and sophistication of ZeroBounce security and our ability to be trusted with any customer data related to the healthcare industry.
India Digital Personal Data Protection Act
On August 11, 2023, the Digital Personal Data Protection Act ("Indian Data Protection Act") was enacted. However, it is not yet in effect as the first new data protection board will be creating rules and policies for implementing the Indian Data Protection Act. The process is estimated to be completed toward the end of 2024.
In the meantime, the provisions of the Indian Information Technology Act, which ZeroBounce is fully compliant with, continue to govern. As part of ZeroBounce’s commitment to compliance with all applicable privacy laws and directives, we will actively monitor developments with the Indian Data Protection Act and continue to monitor and update our policies as necessary.
ZeroBounce adheres to the principles of the Trans-Atlantic Data Privacy Framework, including:
- Notice - The right to know about the collection and use of personal data
- Choice - The ability to opt-out of data collection
- Accountability of onward transfer - We may only transfer data to third-parties that comply with these principles
- Security - The effort to prevent the loss of your personal data
- Data integrity and purpose limitation - Personal data must only be used for the purpose it was collected
- Access - You can always access your personal data to correct or delete it
- Resources, enforcement, and liability - Ongoing mechanisms in place to enforce these principles year-round
SIG, the Standardized Information Gathering questionnaire, is a worldwide attestation that helps ZeroBounce effectively target 18 risk controls, including:
- Enterprise risk management
- Security policy
- Organizational security
- Asset and information management
- Human resources security
- Physical and environmental security
- IT operations management
- Access control
- Application security
- Cybersecurity incident management
- Operational resilience
- Compliance and operational risk
- Endpoint device security
- Network security
- Threat management
- Server security
- Cloud hosting services
HECVAT, the Higher Education Community Vendor Tool, is an additional vendor risk management attestation that helps educational institutions organizations better adhere to security control requirements, particularly for cloud services.
ZeroBounce self-evaluates with HECVAT yearly to ensure that we take every possible measure to protect your brand’s sensitive information better. This helps us comply with industry standards and properly manage and assess our proprietary systems.
Defense against external and internal cybersecurity threats
Ongoing platform security and compliance testing
ZeroBounce works alongside HackerOne, a community of hackers and researchers that are the leaders in Attack Resistance Management.
HackerOne continuously tests the ZeroBounce platform to seek out potential vulnerabilities within given parameters. Together, we’re always looking for ways to expose opportunities for bad actors to attack and eliminate them before they ever threaten your data.
In a digital world, you need the confidence that your highly-sensitive customer information is safe in the event of a true cybersecurity threat.
ZeroBounce partners with CyberSmart Defense to execute various types of penetration testing. This simulates attacks from inside and outside the system to expose potential vulnerabilities. CyberSmart Defense has extensive knowledge of the ZeroBounce platform and is tremendously effective at helping us secure our platform.
Web application firewall and DDoS protection
ZeroBounce uses Cloudflare Enterprise, an award-winning security solution that offers a web application firewall (WAF) to our main site and members area.
The WAF helps our security team monitor and filter any unwanted or harmful traffic from accessing our platform or the protected data. It also guarantees 100% uptime, meaning you’ll always have access to your account and tools.
That means protection against potential DDoS threats by restricting the number of server requests allowed before they can take the platform offline.
Sophisticated login and data security
Okta identity protection
New ZeroBounce members gain access to Okta identity protection integration, which offers a secure, passwordless, universal login complete with attack protection.
With Okta, you can easily control who has access to your ZeroBounce account from anywhere at any time.
Protect your ZeroBounce account with your favorite authenticator app, SMS, or email. 2FA helps protect users against common security threats caused by low-quality or weak passwords.
All of your email validation data is password-encrypted at ZeroBounce. When uploading or downloading data to improve your email hygiene, you get a unique encryption key that allows only you to access the files, including the ZeroBounce team.
Automatic file deletion after 30 days
Worried about files left in your ZeroBounce account? We automatically delete any files uploaded for email verification or email deliverability testing after 30 days.
Unknown IP alerts
ZeroBounce monitors all accounts for suspicious activity from unknown IP addresses. We’ll automatically alert you of any strange activity so that you can protect your account proactively.
Our security team actively monitors and blacklists IP addresses that are known offenders demonstrating malicious actions against the platform or user accounts.
Learn More about ZeroBounce Security and Compliance
Industry-leading email validation for small businesses to global enterprises
ZeroBounce is the most secure email bounce management service with an unbeatable 99% verification accuracy rate.
While every company needs help with email list cleaning, you also need a trustworthy partner. Sign up for your free account today and learn why over 250,000+ clients choose ZeroBounce.
Get 100 free email verifications instantly