The MailChimp integration service at ZeroBounce allows users to import email addresses from their audiences in MailChimp, utilize our services to validate those emails, and then export the validation results back to MailChimp.
When importing an audience from MailChimp to ZeroBounce using the integration service, only the email address information in the MailChimp audience will be imported. Also, the subscriber’s status in your MailChimp audience needs to be “subscribed”. We do not import any subscribers with statuses of “unsubscribed”, “cleaned”, or “pending”.
Only the audiences imported from MailChimp will be able to export the validation results back to MailChimp. When exporting the validation results, instead of creating a new audience at MailChimp, we only tag each subscriber in the audience using the validation results. Seven tag names based on the validation status are used. They are ZB_Valid, ZB_Invalid, ZB_Abuse, ZB_Spamtrap, ZB_DoNotMail, ZB_Unknow, and ZB_CatchAll. We recommend filtering your MailChimp audience by tag name ZB_Valid only before sending out your campaign.
To use this integration service, you need a valid MailChimp account first. You will be prompted to enter your MailChimp Username and Password when you use the service. We integrated our platform with MailChimp using OAuth2 for authorization. OAuth2 is a secure process that allows our application to access MailChimp without passing user credentials. As your security is our priority at ZeroBounce, we do not store your MailChimp Username and Password; the access token issued by MailChimp will be destroyed after you close the browser or log off from our website.
Please note that when importing an audience from MailChimp to ZeroBounce, MailChimp allows up to 500 contacts at a time on each API call. If your audience contains many contacts, you may encounter a time out issue. In this case, you can manually download your MailChimp audience and upload it through our Upload Your File web page.
The following is an example on how to use the MailChimp integration service.
- Step 1:Have a valid MailChimp account with your audience ready.
MailChimp lists page
- Step 2:Log into ZeroBounce, after that go on the menu on upper right and click on the icon which is the first letter of the email address of your ZeroBounce account.
- Step 3:Select “Integrations” from the menu.
- Step 4:On the Integrations page select MailChimp from the Integration List. It is on our Official panel.
ZeroBounce Integrations Dashboard
- Step 5:Click Connect Your Account to redirect to Mailchimp's authentication site.
Redirect pop-up modal
- Step 6:Log in with your MailChimp Username and Password, and authorize ZeroBounce the access to your account.
Enter your Mailchimp login credentials
- Step 7:Once you enter your username and password and hit login you may be asked to Allow access. Simply click on Allow.
- Step 8:After you are authenticated, you will be redirected back to ZeroBounce and see your audiences from MailChimp. Click the Verify link to import your audience for validation.
View your lists in the ZeroBounce DashBoard
- Step 9:After clicking the Verify button the system starts importing the contact’s email from the audience. Depending on the size of the contacts, it may take some time to finish the process. At the end you will be redirected to the Download Your Results webpage. At this moment, the selected MailChimp audience has been successfully imported to ZeroBounce and is waiting for the validation engine to process.
Email validation results page
- Step 10:Just like Upload Your File for validation, you will receive a confirmation email for the imported MailChimp audience once the validation process is completed.
Email Confirmation that your list has been processed
- Step 11:On the Validate webpage, click the Download button when the validation is completed. Besides the standard options, an “Export to MailChimp” button will be available if the file is imported from MailChimp.
Click on Download button
Export button to send your validated list back to MailChimp
- Step 12:Click the Export to MailChimp button. You will be prompted to confirm on a popup window. Click the Export button to create tags for your MailChimp audience or Cancel to cancel the operation. Depending on the size of the audience, it may take some time to finish the process. After the process is finished, another popup window will show you the tags will be created.
Export confirmation modal
- Step 13:Go to the MailChimp website and select the audience you have verified. You should see the tags created from our system associated with each subscriber. If your audience contains large number of contacts, please wait for a few minutes to allow MailChimp to finish tagging each contact.
MailChimp lists page with new ZB tags
- Step 14:On the audience view at MailChimp, click the Filter by Tags dropdown menu, and select a tag to filter your audience.
MailChimp tags filter
- Step 15:The following shows the returned audience filtered by the “ZB_Valid” tag. You can then click on the Send Campaign dropdown menu and select the campaign type you want.
Filter Lists by Tag